Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ack, can't take the pressure!

The very first post. Is it a make or break moment? If it's stupid and nobody likes it will this blog fail? Or conversely if it's regarded as a blogging masterpiece will I have to build a warehouse to store my collection of classic cars? I really don't give a fuck. Ok, that's not entirely true. I do care a little. I hope people read this and join in on the debate. I hope people tell me I'm wrong or correct my grammar or nit pick the way some morons do. It's ok I invite it.

So what can people expect? An open and at times non-politically correct discussion about all things. Mainly though, politics, pop culture, Wal Mart people, satire, hypocrisy, lying rat bastards, sports, really anything that comes to mind.

Some might want to know why I'm blogging. Basically because I'm egotistical and believe everyone should hear what I have to say. That doesn't mean I'm always right. But I am conscientious and have some knowledge before I blab it to the blogosphere.

Next up, who am I? As I write this I'm a 43 year old white male, small business owner, generally liberal but certainly would be considered conservative in some areas and libertarian in others. I grew up poor until middle school when my single mother clawed her way into the middle class, thanks in no small part at times to government assistance. I spent over eight years in the US Army. All of these things certainly have shaped my views of the world. I'm not a stereotypical liberal. What I am is someone who thinks and comes to his own conclusions.

So that's it. I sincerely invite all points of view. At times the discourse may get heated. If I touch a nerve, tell me intelligently why I was wrong before you tell me to "fuck off". I promise to do the same.

17 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the dialog, as well as NOT getting e-mails every time you make/receive a FB comment. (some of your friends like to debate on FB)
    Best of luck, Shayne!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O boy here we go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! I'm here! Good start my friend

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the Republican party had a trademark on all things shitty? You may get a threat letter....

    ReplyDelete
  5. "nit pick the way some morons do" .... ha! Love this! :) (this is Nancy btw)...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I probably won't ever get involved in any of the political discussions (I just make it a point not to), but I would be interested in following the "Business, Life and whatever comes to mind" aspect. Looking forward to it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok Shayne, I;ll check in from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another place for me to debate with Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Politics. The ambition to preside over property and make other people's decisions for them; an organized, publicly sanctioned amplification of the infantile itch to always have one's own way.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmm... "Another place for me to debate with Nancy" ... that could only be Scott. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmm... "Another place for me to debate with Nancy" ... that could only be Scott. Oy.

    No it is not Scott....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, like Judith will not get involved in political banter as all sides have their problems and we all can gather the data to make our own decisions on what's best for us and our family. I will check on it from time to time to read about social topics like violence,etc. Best of Luck to you Shayne.

    ReplyDelete

Agree, Disagree or simply comment. We likes em' all.