Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

There's stupid and there's evil, then there's Limbaugh


Several days ago while sitting around with a friend the discussion turned to the tragic oil spill in the gulf. As it often does with this friend the topic turned to the political response. Being the cynical prick that I am I half joked that it won't take long before some right wing zealot declares "what's the big deal? Oil is natural. Nature will take care of itself". Now I say half joked because I know somewhere on the extreme, extreme right there's gotta be someone who comes up with this twisted logic. I expected some dim witted conservative mutant looking to curry favor with Fox news who would spout such idiot crap that they'd have to put him on. I mean, I watch Fox news. Sometimes for comedic relief but usually because I like to identify what the talking points are for the day. What surprised me though and I mean this, the person who said it was Rush Limbaugh, head of the republican party, said virtually those words. Believe or not I'm shocked. Honestly, no sarcasm, I'm honestly shocked.

Here's some of the things Limbaugh is credited with saying or inferring, 1. he claimed that the oil spill’s timing was very convenient…as if it could have been an inside job by environmentalists. 2. “The ocean will take care of this on its own if it was left alone and left out there,” Limbaugh said. “It’s natural. It’s as natural as the ocean water is.” "Well shoot…what are we doing spending all this time and energy trying to stop this thing? Let’s just let tens of millions of gallons of oil flow into the ocean. There’s so much water it’ll just naturally dissipate, right?"

The soul and conscience of the republican party is suggesting that "whacko environmentalists" had the skill, means and pure evilness to create what will most likely be the worst environmental disaster in our history because they're against future off shore drilling. Get the fuck outta here! Then he proceeds to tell us, what's the big deal, it's natural, no need to spend money on clean up. It'll all go away on it's own. There's stupid and there's evil, then there's Limbaugh.

I've longed believed that Limbaugh is an entertainer. I believe he believes in the conservative cause, I do. But there's no way an intelligent man can actually believe some of the propaganda that spews from his pill hole. I am now more than ever convinced that he's an entertainer along the lines of a bad clown.

I have just one question for those on the Limbaugh fence or on his side, "are you disgusted, now?".

5 comments:

  1. The scary thing is, Beck might really be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are correct, Limbaugh is an entertainer. Say something stupid and you stay in the public eye. Voters have terrible memories at the polls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Limbaugh says himself that he is an entertainer or do you just choose not to hear that part? Of course, he is stirring the pot. Look at how well it is working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, the problem with Limbaugh is the political clout he wields. If there was a clear distinction between entertaining and promoting a political agenda then his actions might be slightly more redeeming. But there isn't. He moves the republican agenda and shapes it at the same time. For him to keep his ratings high, he has to say bombastic stupid things. This of course influences republican politicians to follow suit. It's reckless and not good for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Free speach (short of yelling 'fire'), stupid or not, is good for our country. There is plenty of airspace available for an alternate point of view. I am not saying that I agree with all that Mr. Limbaugh has to say.

    ReplyDelete

Agree, Disagree or simply comment. We likes em' all.